So a year or so ago I released my version of a social media calendar for indie game marketing. Now, I’ve spruced it up a bit.
What is a social media calendar?
A social media calendar is basically a cheat-sheet for marketers to look at to figure out what to post that day. Don’t think of it as something that’s set in stone- think of it as an idea. Feel free to take some ideas from this and form your own weekly social media calendar!
(Right click -> Open Image in New Tab to see it fullsized)
I listed 3 ideas for every day of the week. This doesn’t mean post 3 times a day, this is just an idea for what you can post each day! If you’d like more ideas for social media posts, check out my article on over 40 different post ideas for your indie game studio.
Here’s the text version of the calendar:
- #MotivationMonday- post something motivational
- Post a link to a devlog or editorial
- Share a piece from the soundtrack
- Post a poll- ask for feedback, something silly, etc.
- Post a preview of something new to come
- Share concept art
- #WIPWednesday- post a WIP of whatever you’re working on
- #IndieDevHour- 7PM UK time post something indie dev
- Do a giveaway
- #ThrowbackThursday- post something old and compare it to how it looks now
- Ask for feedback on a new asset / screenshot
- Introduce a team member
- #FanartFriday- RT fanart of your game
- #FollowFriday- thank some of your followers and tag them
- Link your trailer or new gameplay shots
- #ScreenshotSaturday- post a screenshot from your game
- #CutieSaturday- post art of a cute girl from your game
- Show a behind-the-scenes look
- Post a funny quote from the game
- Say what inspired you to make your current game(s)
- Write a devlog on the process for making part of the game
Feel free to share this article or the calendar itself around. If you liked this post, I’ve got plenty more marketing & game dev articles on this blog under the Articles tab.